I was pretty excited when I got to know that their Warje outlet is delivering in our area! Rarely someone dares..;-) Ordered Veg Spring Rolls, Black Pepper Paneer, Cottage Cheese Chilli starter, Thai Red, Burnt Garlic Rice and Hakka Noodles.
No complaints about the delivery. It was spot on the time; however, the order had some glitch; Green Curry was included in the order and the delivery bag had spilled oil, sauce in it making it completely messy!
Coming on the food...
- Veg Spring Rolls (Rs.150) :: Dipped in oil. Literally! You could see oil oozing out of it and that too was smelly and burnt. I could not eat more than a piece. Totally Avoidable.
- Paneer Black Pepper (Rs. 179) :: Tossed Paneer with crushed pepper and hints of soya is the regular preparation but here the pepper was overpowering; hence the taste of paneer was not identifiable.
- Cottage Cheese in Chilly Red Pepper Sauce (Rs. 199):: A life saver in the menu. Prepared in the pepper sauce with green and red pepper ;It was bit on sweeter side but flavours were intact.
- Burnt Garlic Rice (Rs. 159):: Roasting the garlic till brown gives this rice preparation its unique flavour.Together with green chillies and crunchy vegetables, I could eat it like that only! However, I tried Thai Red Curry which went well with this.
- Thai Red Curry (Rs.229):: Very nice, stir-fry made with zucchini, red bell pepper and carrot. Coconut milk and curry paste made an irresistible sauce.
- Thai Green Curry (Rs.229):: Chunky veggies in a lip-smacking green curry, constituted of aromatic herbs and spice powders made this curry really delicious however I liked Red Curry more.
- Veg Hakka Noodles (Rs.149):: Boiled noodles, tossed with garlic, ginger, chopped vegetables, soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and spices is the basic way of preparing it. However, Hakka here were tastelss and hence can be avoided!
I conveyed all the scope of improvement to the owner and he generously accepted. Following are my suggestions to the team—
- Paper Napkins needs to be included.
- Sauce can be sticked to the meal box so that they do not spill.
- Order communication should be more streamlined
- Cooking Oil and the ingredients used in spring rolls should be taken care of.
- After frying rolls or any deep-fried item, it needs to be paper-dry to absorb excess oil.
Well, it sounds like there were some disappointing dishes in your order. Since you are such a good cook yourself, I would have found that a big negative. At least, there were some things you liked. Pictures look good, though.ReplyDelete
Thank you Carmen! Food was good and yes cooking Chinese at home is easy. Will try next time. You can guess, pictures are clicked by Bhavesh as usual...:)ReplyDelete