Hola Amigos, Cómo estás?...My love for mexican food is not hidden and that too when I have one more reason to enjoy at very own cafe. Well, Hard Rock Cafe is bringing Mexico in Pune by spicing things up with "The Taste of Mexico", a month long mexican food festival, with an extensive menu of speciality dishes and cocktails. **WooHoo! Dancing with Joy**
The menu is a balanced array of veg and non-veg options with few exclusives dishes like Quesadillas, Tacos along with limited edition selection of electrifying libations like Tequila Slammer, Ice Cold Jose Cuervo Tequila Gold Shots, Troublemaker, Ambigo and Diablo with a classic Hard Rock twist.
The highlights of the food in Taste of Mexico menu are —
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Samosette of Spicy Corn and Cheddar Cheese
- Mexi-Cali Spiced Cottage Cheese BBQ Skewers
- Vegetarian Taco
- Albuquerque-Vegetarian Burrito
- Tex-Mex Spiced Char Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Chicken Tinga Tacos
- Bahama Mama-Chicken Burrito
- Tijuana Chicken Sub Roll
- Fiesta Chicken Quesadillas
Fun doesn't end here when you have a company of Mexico's signature cocktails which goes very well with the food.
- Ice cold Jose Cuervo especial Repasado Tequila Shots (Lime and Salt)
- Tequila Slammer
- Shot in the head (Tequila, orange syrup, lime)
- The Classic Blue, Margarita (Lime juice, Tequila and a secret ingredient of Hard Rock)
- Mexican Bulldog Margarita (Cascade of beer into frozen Margarita)
- Troublemaker (Well...Tequila spiced with Jalapeno bit, cointreau)
- Diablo (Seasonal fruit, mango, cucumber, tequila with ginger beer)
- Amigo (Blueberry crush, luxardo sour cherry liqueur, tequila, hint of orgeat)
- Cranberry and Lychee Margarita
We were invited for the preview of the exciting menu and I must say the whole ambience was given a mexican touch with the tri colored mexican national flag, attires, props etc. Women were dressed in colorful Escaramuza (Traditional mexican dress) and men in traditional hand woven poncho with the iconic Sombrero hats. Staff was cheerful, bubbly, enthusiastic and quick.
Our fun session of JAM, musical chairs continued after a quick chat with the Chef Sandeep Singh, who briefed us about the 'The Taste of Mexico' menu. He ensured the use of traditional recipes, ingredients and spices while cooking. Chef presented us with few of the classics in the menu.
First round started with all the drinks on the new menu. Being a non alcoholic, I clicked photographs of those colorful beauties. I was just waiting to satisfy my mexican food cravings atlast! Ha!
Heading towards the Veg starters, we had Vegetarian Taco with a healthy twist, I must say, soft taco shells, stuffed with chiptole potatoes, quinoa, pico de gallo (salsa), gueso served with sour cream. Presentation was just WOW! Three stacks and three tacos. Beautiful and delicious as it looked.
Albuquerque, a vegetarian heavy loaded burrito, I am not kidding! It was seriously overloaded with crispy potato pops, south west refried beans, sweet chilli, smoked chiptole ranch, mixed cheese, mexican rice, roasted vegetables...phew! and to our joy burrito was accompanied by one of the best spiced crispy fries ever had!
All it caught our attention was hot and sizzling Mexi-Cali Spiced Cottage Cheese BBQ Skewers, a BBQ glazed and spice rubbed cottage cheese served over chimi churi spiced fajita onions and peppers. Delicious they were! Oh the taste still lingers...:)
Do not forget to be a part of grand fiesta night on 28th May- the Saturday night. Te veo allí (See you there)