I am always amazed by the fact that how the street food vendors manage to make such wonderful, delicious food within the limited resources! Last year when we travelled to the famous night market, Manek Chowk in Ahmedabad, I got to try the varieties of Sandwiches, Pav Bhaji, Dosas and Ice-creams from some amazing, enthusiastic and smiling hawkers. When in Ahmedabad, I had to try the very popular - Ghugra Sandwich!
My love for sandwich is eternal and I make Paneer Sandwich, Bombay Sandwich quite often. Since we can't travel as of now, so I thought of recreating the famous Ghugra Sandwich at home. Here is the quick video of the recipe followed by the written one. I hope you like it.
- 3 Bread Slices (Can take any)
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Capsicum
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp Finely chopped Green Chillies
- 2-3 Cubes Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Mint-Coriander Chutney
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Pinch of Chaat Masala
- Pepper as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- In a bowl, add Capsicum, Onions, Coriander, Green Chillies, Chaat Masala, Pepper and Salt.
- Mix well.
- Take 3 slices of Bread and slather Butter over it.
- Now spread a layer of Mint-Coriander Chutney.
- Put the mixture of Capsicum-Onion on two bread slices.
- Sprinkle some Chaat Masala.
- Add loads of grated Cheese and sprinkle some chaat masala.
- Places the two cheese topped bread one over the other.
- Cover it with the third sliced bread.
- Spread some butter over the top of the slice.
- Toast* well from both the sides.
- Cut and grate some more cheese. (Who doesn't love extra cheese)
*You can toast over gas or toaster as well.