We all need to have something delicious yet healthy. One of the most healthy superfood is the Beetroot. Though, I do not like its raw pungent smell, so I find out multiple way to consume it. But before that let me explain you why Beetroot is considered as the superfood. Here are some of the potential health benefits of it....
- Beetroots are the great source of Fiber, Vitamin B-9, Magnesium, Potassium, Iron and Vitamin C.
- Improves Blood flow, lowers Blood Pressure, and increased exercise performance.
- Packed with anti-oxidants.
- May improve digestion and helpful in brain health.
- May help you lose weight.
Beetroot is so versatile that you can make juice, salad, soups, pav bhaji, pulao or chutney. But today I will be sharing my favourite recipe – Beetroot Cutlets. They are easy to make, filling and equally delicious. So let's start.
- 1 medium sized boiled, peeled Beetroot
- 1 medium sized boiled, peeled Potato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Capsicum/Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup powdered Poha (Flattened Rice)
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs or Suji/Rawa
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tbsp Coriander leaves
- Green Chillies paste as per taste
- In a mixing bowl, grate the boiled beetroot. Take grated beetroot and press it gently to remove the excess water. Now add boiled potatoes. Mix.
- Add in finely chopped capsicum
- Add in Poha powder. (You can simply take the raw Poha and grind it for 10 second to make the fine powder). This is for the binding.
- Add Chilli powder, Cumin powder, chaat masala, green chillies paste, salt. Mix well.
- Take a small ball sized portion and shape them into cutlets.
- Roll in bread crumbs or coarse Rawa/Suji.
- Keep it in the deep freeze for 15 minutes.
- Shallow fry, flip from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve it with chutney or ketchup.
I love beetroot so will be trying this recipe, #pocolo@_karendennisReplyDelete
You must try this Karen. Delicious and Healthy. Easy to make Beetroot Cutlets. :)Delete
I love beetroot too, and would love to try this recipe!!ReplyDelete
Yayy! Anne. Go for it. Prepare and I am sure you will love it.Delete
Ooh beetroot is delicious! The colour of these is lovely. Thanks for linking to #CookBlogShare.ReplyDelete