Who all crave for something sweet after any meal? Well, I was not the one in the past but now I am! Certainly have sweet tooth now and every time I have that craving, I can not indulge in any dessert loaded with sugar. Not that I don't like those ghee loaded Jalebis or mom made Mohanthaal or Chocolate Cake or Coconut Cookies but that guilty-conscious me cover up by keeping Khajoor Laddoos or Dates Balls ready. Please do share what do you guys prefer to have - Chocolates, Cakes, Ice-cream, Pastries, Fruits or any healthy alternate?
Do you know the health benefits of Dates/Khajoor?
- Rich in fiber hence help in weight management.
- Acts as a natural sweetener
- Used as energy booster
- Strengthen bones
- Relieves Constipation
- Treats Anemia
Well, today, I am sharing this easy-peasy recipe of the delicious Khajoor Laddoos with step by step pictures for the quick reference. Do let me know, if you try these deliciousness!
Let us begin with the recipe...
- 200 Gms Khajoor or Dates
- Assorted Dry Fruits (Pistachios, Cashews, Almonds etc) and Khus Khus (Poppy Seeds)
- 2 Tbsp Ghee / Clarified Butter
- Finely Chopped the dry fruits.
- Deseed the dates.
- Transfer the dates into the grinder jar
- Grind into fine paste
- Add ghee in the pan
- Toast the dry fruits on the low flame.
- Keep the toasted dry fruits aside and add ghee in the same pan.
- Cook dates paste until it absorbs the ghee. It might take around 6-7 minutes.
- Dates absorbs the ghee and that's when it is cooked.
- Add 3/4th toasted dry-fruits in the dates mixture and keep the rest aside.
- Mix well the mixture.
- Turn off the gas and let the mixture cool.
- Grease the plate.
- Transfer the mixture into the plate.
- Take a small portion and roll into a ball shape.
- Roll the Khajoor/Dates Balls into the toasted Pistachio and Poppy seeds Mixture.
- Khajoor Dry Fruits Laddoo or Dates Balls is ready.