We all love Chinese food and especially in India, love for Indo-Chinese food is insane. Carts on streets selling Manchurian, Fried Rice, Hakka Noodles, Schezwan Rice and what not. I am absolutely stunned by the range of food in Indo-Chinese cuisine.
You would also like to try some of these recipes...
Cabbage Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish made with shredded cabbage balls that are fried and served in a spicy, tangy sauce.
Watch the Cabbage Manchurian Video here.
Here's a recipe to make it at home:
For the Cabbage Manchurian balls:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt, to taste
For the sauce:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp red chili sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded cabbage, chopped onion, capsicum, ginger paste, garlic paste, and salt. Mix well.
2. Add Schezwan sauce, Tomato sauce, Soy sauce to the mixture.
3. Add Cornflour and Maida to the prepared mixture.
4. Add little water to the mixture to form a dough-like consistency that can be shaped into balls.
5. Shape the mixture into small balls of equal size and heat oil in a deep pan.
6. Fry the cabbage balls in hot oil until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. Remove and keep aside.
7. In a separate pan, heat oil and add chopped onions, capsicumm, green chilli, and garlic. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
8. Add chopped cabbage and continue to stir-fry for a few minutes until it's slightly cooked.
9. Add soy sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar, red chili sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
10. Add cornflour slurry and then add the fried cabbage balls to the sauce and toss them gently until the balls are coated with the sauce.
11. Allow the balls to simmer in the sauce for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
12. Garnish with chopped spring onions and serve hot with noodles or fried rice.