Jaipur, also known as the Pink City, is famous for its rich culture, traditions, vibrant festivals, and of course, its delicious street food. I mean who doesn't enjoy scrumptious, pocket-friendly street food like Vada Pav. Shopping and Street Foods go hand in hand. Here are some of the popular street foods of Jaipur:
1. Kachori - This deep-fried flaky pastry stuffed with roasted grams or spiced potato-onions is a must-try in Jaipur. It is served with tamarind chutney and coriander-mint green chutney. You can start your day like a local while having these Kachoris for breakfast from any nook and corner in Jaipur. Couple of popular destinations for Kachori in Jaipur are Rawat Mishtan Bhandar, Samrat or Shankar Mishtan Bhandar.
2. Mirchi Bada - This is a spicy snack made of large green chilies stuffed with potato filling and deep-fried in gram flour batter.
3. Bhelpuri - A quick, easy yet delicious snack made with puffed rice combined with chopped tomatoes, onions, chutneys, coriander leaves and lastly garnished with sev. It is a filling street food yet not heavy on tummy. The taste of Bhelpuri is a mix of sweet, spicy and savoury with a bit of crunch.
4. Gol Gappe - Also known as pani puri or puchka, this dish is a popular street food across India. It is crispy yet puffy balls filled with spiced mashed potatoes, chickpeas, sweet and tangy chutneys, and tamarind water.
5. Kanji Vada- Kanji Vada is a popular snack in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India. It is made by soaking vadas in a tangy and spicy fermented drink called kanji, which is prepared by fermenting beetroot, carrot or mustard leaves with water, salt, and Indian spices. The vadas are made from a mixture of lentil flour and spices that are deep-fried until crispy. The soaked vadas absorb the tangy flavor of the kanji, resulting in a delicious and refreshing taste.
Kanji Vada is typically served as a cooling and digestive snack during the summer months. It is also considered a popular street food and is sold at various food stalls and food carts throughout Jaipur. You can find them in walled city area like Chhoti Chaupar, Tripolia Bazar to name a few.
6. Sandwich - This is a popular street food dish made of buttered bread, coriander-mint chutney layered with cucumbers, potato, tomato, onion slices. It is also known as Club Sandwich. You do have a choice of toast sandwich as well. Super easy food to grab and go. Usually, the carts of Sandwiches can be seen outside schools, colleges and offices. You can even makes such Sandwiches at home. Check out the recipe here.
7. Lassi - This is a refreshing yogurt drink with a creamy texture and sweet aroma. It is available in different flavors like sweet, salty, mango, strawberry, etc.
These are some of the must-try street foods of Jaipur that you cannot afford to miss.
Post a Comment